The Profile Pages
The Royale Studio Gallery
has articles which display all the available photos from each set with comments and information about the background to the storyettes and links to the models who appear in them. I pick the best copy I have of each image for the Gallery, but many of them have been AI-enhanced for presentation purposes. However, the unenhanced originals plus other variants such as appearances in different magazines and advertisements can be found in the Open Archive folders.
The Gallery has a variety of display options* that, for example, show thumbnails of the articles for visual selection. You can access these formats through the tab at the extreme left of the top bar which defaults to 'Magazine'.
*Sorry, but this 'dynamic' feature doesn't seem to be available on my iPhone but it works on my PC and android tablet.
The mitchmen Royale Studio Open Archive
will be the new home, the database, of all the Royale material assembled under this project. It is presently under construction and housed in a Google Drive folder belonging to the mitchmen blog. Anyone can access it using the link below.
In the mitchmen Royale Studio Archive, the pictures produced by Royale, Hussar and Dolphin Studios are grouped mainly by Model Name or by Storyette (or Playlet as they were later called by Hussar). There are also a few themed Collections of miscellaneous photos which I cannot assign to either of these groups.
Notes about Naming and Labelling
I have tried to assign Royale's original names to each storyette, but it's not possible to identify them in every case. Where storyettes circulate under other names I usually point this out in the blog article relating to it. Some stories were given acronyms by Royale e.g. Navy Gash = NAGA. Sometimes the names of the models were used for identification (e.g. ERTR in the picture above which stands for Eric and Trevor/Trefor). I quote these acronyms in the Archive folder name and in the filename where appropriate.
The Storyettes and Collections listed in the sidebar at this blog have been numbered by me in no particular order, purely for convenience in identifying them and naming the files which belong to them. The numbers do not represent any sort of sequence. Thus, Royale 02 - Navy Romeo is abbreviated to R02 in the file names of pictures, which have the form 'R02-picture sequence number-title'. In some sets, I have (inconsistently) used the Royal acronym instead of the R number.
I have not separated out the sets by studio names. Hussar eventually superseded both Royale and Dolphin, but I am still trying to establish how or why they were differentiated (see article on Studio names and timelines). The original attributions have been quoted where I know them, but some were published under different studio names at different times. I am trying to date the stories where I can, but there don't seem to be many reliable sources (see Dating of Royale sets). My best guess of the publication date is shown in the sidebar list and I may eventually resequence it by date.

No comments:
Post a Comment